Here are the latest details of the test centres for people with no COVID-19 symptoms and have not been identified as a close contact.
There’s no need to book and testing is free, fast and safe.
People with symptoms must book a PCR test online or call National Testing Centre on 119.
Community test centres
These offer lateral flow tests which take around 15 minutes and the NHS says they send results in around 45 minutes.
- Wester Hailes Library until Saturday 11 December (closed Sundays), 9am to 6pm. Library services will still be available at this time.
- Blackhall Library, 56 Hillhouse Road, until Saturday 11 December (closed Sundays), 9am to 6pm. Library services will still be available at this time.
Mobile test units
These offer PCR tests which are sent to a laboratory. Results are sent in 24 to 72 hours.
- Edinburgh University, Buccleuch Place (outside Gordon Aikman Lecture Theatre), until Sunday 19 December, 10am to 4pm
- Craigmillar Medical Group, 106 Niddrie Mains Rd, until Sunday 5 December, 10am to 4pm
- The Forth Road Bridge Administration Office/Visitor Centre car park, 42 Inchcolm Terrace, South Queensferry, until Sunday 5 December, 10am to 4pm
- South East Locality Office, 40 Captain’s Road, until Sunday 5 December, 10am to 4pm
- Hearts Stadium (Wheatfield car park at read of stadium access from Wheatfield Place), until Sunday 5 December, 10am to 4pm
If you cannot get to one of the test centres, you can order free rapid lateral flow test kits online or by phoning the National Testing Centre on 119 or collect them from most chemists or libraries in Edinburgh.
You can find out more about community testing on the council’s web pages at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/communitytesting