Only two of the candidates in this ward were previously councillors here.
This is a four member ward and Alison Dickie who was elected as an SNP Councillor and who became VIce-Convener of Education and Families stepped down.
Former Education Convener Ian Perry who was previously planning convener during the time of the planning applications for the former Royal High School is also retiring.
Steve Burgess a long time Green councillor and long-time Conservative Cameron Rose were standing for re-election. In a shock defeat Rose lost his seat, although he won a fifth of the first preference votes.
Labour, Greens and the Liberal Democrats all increased their share of the first preference votes at the expense of the SNP and the Conservatives.
- Electorate 24,152
- Votes cast 11,884
- Turnout 49.2%
FINAL ANALYSIS OF THE ELECTION RESULTS IS SHOWN AT THE FOOT OF THIS ARTICLE
The 2022 results are as follows:
|Name||Political Party||Stage elected|
|Pauline Flannery||Liberal Democrats||5|
The 2022 candidates included:
- Scottish Green Party – BURGESS, Steve
- Scottish Liberal Democrats – FLANNERY, Pauline
- Scottish National Party (SNP) – KUMAR, Simita
- Labour and Co-operative Party – POGSON, Tim
- Scottish Conservative and Unionist – ROSE, Cameron
The 2017 results
- Steve Burgess – Scottish Green Party – elected at stage one
- Alison Dickie – Scottish National Party (SNP) – elected at stage one
- Ian Perry – Scottish Labour Party – elected at stage one
- Cameron Rose – Scottish Conservative and Unionist – elected at stage one
Votes cast: 11,772