Edinburgh Leisure’s gym at Ainslie Park is to receive a substantial upgrade and is to be closed from Wednesday 4th July, re-opening at 6am on Friday 13th July.
It will also be one of the first gyms in the UK to have the 21” HD screens on all treadmills integrated with High Intensity Interval Training programming as well as Apple Watch integration for one touch sign in to customers’ own apps
The new features will include the following:
• Replacement of all cardio vascular machines
• An additional lifting platform
• A new Liner Plate Loaded Leg Press
• A new 4 in 1 cable resistance tower (with Lat Pull, Low Row, Assist dip chin up and high low cable pulleys)
• A new Life Fitness Spark Trainer (a self-powered High Intensity cross trainer), ideal for new to exercise users too
• A new Upper Body Cycle (Life Fitness Upper Body GX) New Cybex Smith machine
• Two additional benches for dumbbells
• A bigger functional class area with more mats for stretching and foam rolling
• And new to Ainslie Park, 2 x new Powermills (stair climbers); lifting training/lighter lifts training area
The work will only affect the gym therefore all gym-based classes and activities will be cancelled during this period, but Ainslie Park’s fitness class programme will run as normal and the Leisure Centre and swimming pool will also remain open as normal.