International Women’s Day takes place on Sunday 8 March 2020.
Now a worldwide celebration, there are many events taking place and here are just three of our top choices of what is going on in Edinburgh.
- The Real Mary King’s Close International Women’s Day Tour
- Warriston’s Close, 2 High Street, Sunday 8 March 2020
- 11.00am, 2.00pm and 5.45pm
- £16.50 per person for 1 hour
- Learn about the women of the closes from Mary Queen of Scots to Mary King.
- Capital Theatres International Women’s Day Take over
- Festival Theatre, 13/29 Nicolson Street, Sunday 8 March 2020
- 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Free (£1.50 booking fee)
- Enjoy an afternoon of free food, music, performances and workshops.
- WanderWomen: Women’s Day Bonfire & Swim
- Portobello Beach, 1 Promenade, Sunday 8 March 2020
- 5.00pm – 7.00pm
- Brace yourself for a sea swim and beach bonfire. Bring food and drink to share as well as firewood if possible.