There are three positions here with the SNP’s Adam McVey, the council leader during the last term, and Green councillor Chas Booth, a very able committee member, both standing again.
Labour councillor Gordon Munro has stepped down after a long career at the City Chambers.
McVey won over a third of the vote in this ward, and is now the leader of the largest political group on the council.
- The electorate totals 19,240
- Votes cast 8,546
- Turnout 44%
FINAL ANALYSIS OF ELECTION RESULTS AT FOOT OF THIS ARTICLE
The 2022 results are as follows:
|Name||Political Party||Stage elected|
These are the candidates who stood in Leith in 2022:
- Scottish Green Party – BOOTH, Chas
- Scottish Labour Party – FACCENDA, Katrina
- Scottish Family Party: Pro-Family, Pro-Marriage, Pro-Life – ISSERI, Jacqueline Mary
- Independent – MACKENZIE, Andy
- Alba Party for independence – MCGLYNN, Euan
- Scottish National Party (SNP) – MCVEY, Adam
- Scottish Conservative and Unionist – PERCHARD, Teresa
- Scottish Liberal Democrats – REA, Robin Thomas
- Chas Booth – Scottish Green Party – elected at stage two
- Adam McVey – Scottish National Party (SNP) – elected at stage one
- Gordon John Munro – Labour and Co-operative Party – elected at stage four
Votes cast: 7,613