The latest figures detailing the number of people diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 24 hours in Scotland have been announced. Figures from yesterday show that over 100,000 people in Scotland have tested positive for Covid-19 since the pandemic began.
The weekly review of restrictions in all 32 Scottish local authority areas has also been announced today after a meeting of the Scottish Cabinet and the First Minister made this announcement to MSPs at Holyrood.
The City of Edinburgh Council area was in Level Three and along with six other local authority areas will remain at that level for another week, despite wide speculation that the area would move up to Level Two. The First Minister said that recent case numbers in Edinburgh along with the imminence of Christmas had influenced the government’s thinking on this.
There is also to be a statement in parliament later today about Highers and Advanced Highers for 2021 and whether these will go ahead or not.
Everyone over the age of 11 can use the Test and Protect Scotland app from next week.
The figures in Scotland as at 8 December 2020 are as follows:
- 692 new cases of Covid-19 reported which is 5.5% of these newly tested Of these 133 were in Edinburgh and 189 in Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
- 33 newly reported deaths have been announced today of people who have tested positive within the last 28 days.
- 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed Covid-19 which is 2 fewer than yesterday
- 983 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed Covid-19 which is 9 more than yesterday
- The total number of positive cases in Scotland has risen to 101,475
- The number of deaths under this daily measurement is now 3,950
National Records of Scotland announced their weekly figures on Wednesday stating that the total number of Covid-19 related deaths to 29 November 2020 is 5,634. This figure is calculated on a wider definition of deaths relating to Covid-19 than the daily figure reported by The Scottish Government.
You can also see the latest numbers laid out visually on the Travelling Tabby website here. It is updated at 3pm daily.
LEVEL THREE RESTRICTIONS: