Hibs unbeaten league run ended with a 2-1 defeat to Livingston this afternoon at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

After a busy transfer window, Neil Lennon made two changes to the starting XI that drew with Aberdeen last weekend with David Gray and Oli Shaw making way for Lewis Allan and Jamie MacLaren.

Hibs controlled the opening period without creating any clear cut chances but it was the hosts who almost opened the scoring when Adam Bogdan did well to deny Dolly Menga’s header.

Daryl Horgan and Stevie Mallan both had efforts before Martin Boyle’s cross found Allan inside the area, but the youngster’s shot was parried away by Liam Kelly.

Steven Whittaker did well to tackle Scott Pitman as he was about to pull the trigger after a run from the half-way line, then Craig Halkett headed wide as Livingston started to pile on the pressure.

Paul Hanlon then came to Hibs’ rescue preventing Menga’s cross to the unmarked Scott Robinson.

Lewis Stevenson missed a great chance to put Hibs in front just before the break after Boyle’s cross was missed by Allan but the long serving full-back fired the ball high over the bar from 10 yards out.

The game was halted in the 44th minute when a sprinkler sparked into life much to the amusement of the supporters.

Bogdan had to be alert just after the restart when Pittman blasted a strike straight at him from eight yards out.

Hibs took the lead in the 52nd minute when the Livingston defenders failed to deal with a long throw from Efe Ambrose which fell into the path of Horgan and the Irishman calmly steered the ball into the corner of the net to the delight of the large travelling support.

Livingston levelled six minutes later with a superb strike from Shaun Byrne who controlled a clearance before beating two defenders and firing a low strike past Bogdan.

Bogdan then produced a superb diving save to tip a goal-bound Pittman header over the bar.

Lennon replaced Mallan with Thomas Agyepong but before the winger could get involved the hosts took the lead when Pittman evaded a couple of challenges before his powerful shot beat Bogdan.

Hibs tried in vain to find an equaliser but the hosts defence held firm to take all three points.

Livingston: Kelly, Lamie, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Pittman, Robinson (Cadden 76), Jacobs, Lawless (Kaja 65), Menga (Hamilton 83)
Subs not used: Stewart, McMillan, Lawson, Burns

Hibs: Bogdan, Hanlon, Porteous, Ambrose, Whittaker, Stevenson, Boyle, Mallan (Agyepong 70), Horgan, Allan (Shaw 76), MacLaren (Hyndman 64)
Subs not used: Laidlaw, Slivka, Hyndman, Murray, Mackie

Referee: Steven McLean
Att: 5,305