How to get a place in the 2011 Edinburgh Marathon Festival – you can sign up to run for Oxfam…
Oxfam is the Principal Charity Partner of Edinburgh Marathon Festival. To get a place just fill in the short form confirming your interest and they willl be in touch telling you how to become an official Oxfam Edinburgh Marathon Festival runner.
As the Principal Charity Partner of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival, they are pleased to confirm there are no entry fees for any of their charity places.
You will be asked to raise a minimum fundraising pledge:
- Full Marathon charity place – minimum fundraising pledge: £650
- Half Marathon charity place – minimum fundraising pledge: £300
- 10km charity place – minimum fundraising pledge: £150
- 5km charity place – minimum fundraising pledge: £80
- Hairy Haggis Team Relay charity place – minimum fundraising pledge: £750 per team
Entries for the 2011 Edinburgh Marathon Festival are now open. Apply today and tick the Oxfam box when asked if you’d like to run for charity.
If you have your own place (and didn’t tick the Oxfam box when registering) you can still run for Oxfam. Just let us know and you’ll receive your Oxfam running pack, along with all our support.
Oxfam also need volunteers to help out at their cheering parties and our post-race reception, as well as masseurs and physios.
It’s guaranteed to be a fun day out, and is a great chance to come and join Oxfam at Britain’s second largest marathon.
Supporting your run
Oxfam will be there every step of the way. Whether you run with them using one of our charity places or you use your own place, they tell us that you can bank on:
- An Oxfam running vest – in stand-out green with a space to write your name
- A running pack – full of fantastic fundraising materials and advice
- Regular expert advice – via our newsletters to help you with all your training, nutrition and fundraising
- Supportive phone calls – to make sure you’re getting everything you need
- Running team support line – we’ll be there if you ever need a chat
- Timely email responses – for any questions you might have
- Oxfam runners Facebook group – to share thoughts and advice
- A dedicated support team – happy to help with anything you need
- On the day support – we’ll meet you before the race, cheer you on during the event and meet you at the finish line. We’ll give you bags of moral support as well as recovery treats, massage and celebration at the end.
- Special Oxfam runners’ access – As principal charity partner all our runners will have exclusive access to certain areas on race day.
Oxfam say:-“We’re proud to be the Principal Charity Partner for the 2011 Edinburgh Marathon Festival. This is a fabulous festival which will see hundreds of Oxfam runners take to the streets of Edinburgh.
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival consists of several races including a full marathon, half marathon, 10km and 5km races and a marathon relay race – making it a great choice for first time runners or accomplished runners looking to achieve new goals. There is also a junior race – so all the family can get involved!
If you have any questions about the events you can get in touch with Oxfam’s Edinburgh Marathon Festival project manager. Either by calling 01412 858878 or e-mailing EdinburghMarathon@oxfam.org.uk”
Photos courtesy of Edinburgh Marathon