Elite League, play-off, quarter-final: second-leg: Glasgow Clan 0, Guildford Flames 5 (agg: Clan 3, Flames 7); Nottingham Panthers 3, Fife Flyers 0 (agg: Nottingham 6, Fife 3)

No Scottish teams are now left in the Elite League play-offs after defeats to Glasgow Clan and Fife Flyers.

Clan bowed out of the Elite League play-offs after being burned 5-0 at Braehead by English combine Guildford Flames.

That is after travelling down to Surrey on Friday to limit fatigue and winning the first-leg in Guildford 3-2 on Saturday.

There are no Scottish teams in the semi-finals of the showpiece ice hockey event of the year.

Flames led 2-0 after eight minutes following goals from Jamie Crooks and Ian Watters.

And Evan Janssen added a third after 39 minutes and there was worse to come for the Purple Army.

Calle Ackered added the fourth on an empty net with less than three minutes left after Clan coach Pete Russell withdrew his goaltender to give him six skaters.

And T J Foster added a fifth with 40 seconds left as Flames secured their place in the final four at Nottingham later this month.

On Saturday, Clan were 3-0 ahead in Guildford after 24 minutes, Gerard Hanson, Rasmus Bjerrum and Scott Pitt netting.

Guildford then claimed two goals in just over two, third-period minutes to bounce back into the tie, Jesse Craige and Watters netting.

Fife Flyers’ play-off semi-final dreams were shattered last when they were shutout at Nottingham Panthers.

The Scots, who drew the first-leg at Kirkcaldy 3-3, were caught cold by Panthers after only 5min 11sec.

Dylan Richard netted with their top marksman Alex Guptill and Luke Pither assisting and that edged the Midlands club ahead in the tie.

Fife stayed in the game until late on but two goals in 38 nightmare seconds ended their challenge.

Richard netted again with two minutes left with an empty net goal after Flyers’ coaching staff gambled by withdrawing their netminder.

And Great Britain star Robert Farmer added another after being set up by Chris Stewart seconds later.

Fife, who led the table before Christmas, were left to wonder what might have been.

They led 3-1 after just under 17 minutes in the first-leg at Kirkcaldy on Saturday.

Dumfries-born Bari McKenzie put them ahead on a power play after only three minutes with Evan Bloodoff and Joe Basaraba assisting.

The home side went 2-0 ahead in the tenth minute with Basaraba scored after good work from Carol Finucci and goaltender Shane Owen.

Panthers hit back through Stewart on the power play just over a minute later but Fife scored a third five minutes after that through Mike Cazzola with Bloodoff and fit-again Paul Crowder setting up the the chance.

Dylan Richard pulled a goal back for Panthers only 48 seconds later and they scored again through Brett Perlini after 54 minutes to level at 3-3 and give them the chance of sewing up a final four place at their own rink.