Elite League: Milton Keynes Lightning 4, Fife Flyers 2; Dundee Stars 2, Sheffield Steelers 3 (overtime). Stuart Robertson Cup: Murrayfield Racers 10, Kirkcaldy Kestrels 3.

Sean Donaldson claimed four goals and Callum Boyd a hat-trick as Murrayfield Racers thrashed Kirkcaldy Kestrels 10-3 in the Stuart Robertson Cup.

On Tayside, Dundee Stars’ six game winning run hit the skids when they were edged by much-improved Sheffield Steelers after a heart-breaking late surge.

Omar Pacha’s side let slip a 2-0 lead going into the final two minutes to shock home fans.

Earlier, in-form Francois Bouchard fired the home side ahead after 37 minutes on the power play.

The same player hit the net again after 52 minutes and a magnificent seventh win in a row looked on the cards.

But Justin Buzzeo sparked Steelers with their opener with 58min 54sec on the clock.

And former Edinburgh Capitals star Ben O’Connor levelled with 30 seconds remaining to send the game into overtime.

Buzzeo arrived in the right place at the right time to claim an overtime winner only 38 seconds into the extra session to stun home fans.

Meanwhile, flagging Fife Flyers were shot down by rock-bottom Milton Keynes Lightning.

The Buckinghamshire side were 2-0 ahead inside 18 minutes but Fife battled back to level after 37 minutes but two goals in five, third period minutes secured the points for the English side.

Earlier, it was Robbie Ballargeon’s double after 12 and 17 minutes, the second on the power play, which put the home side in a good position.

Mike Cazzola, another former Capitals man, replied for Fife after 1min 11sec of the second period and Evan Bloodoff levelled with 37 minutes on the clock.

But that comeback was nullified when Michael Fine netted on the power play for Milton Keynes after 43 minutes and Tim Wallace ended the contest with a fourth five minutes later.

Ryan Finnerty left Braehead all smiles after completing a four-point weekend.

The 4-2 victory over his former bosses at Glasgow Clan came only 24-hours after Finnerty’s men edged Nottingham Panthers 3-2 after overtime to snap a confidence-sapping five-game losing streak.

Finnerty’s Manchester Storm came out flying in Glasgow and were 3-0 ahead in under 11 minutes, Shane Bakker netting the opener after just over three minutes to spark his team-mates.

And Evan Richardson scored after six and ten minutes to increase their advantage and silence the Purple Army in the packed stands.

Matt Beca pulled one back after 17 minutes but former Dundee Stars player Felix-Antoine Poulin restored Storm’s three-goal cushion after 32 minutes.

Scott Pitt netted on the power play after 52 minutes but it proved to be only a consolation as Pete Russell’s men skidded to defeat in their first Sunday game of the season.

And it was not what Russell wanted after their 5-2 midweek victory in Glasgow over Sheffield Steelers.