High street retailer, Debenhams, is launching a campaign to find a budding child fashion designer.
The Edinburgh store is searching for an eager youngster living in Edinburgh to design a t-shirt for the SS17 collection.
The creative concept for the shirt can be anything the child chooses.
The initiative aims to tap into children’s creativity, by allowing them to design clothes that they want to wear, not just what parents want them to wear.
The judging panel for the competition will be made up of Shani Delargy, Head Buyer and Lesley Budris, Head Designer at Debenhams.
To have the chance to see their design featured on a t-shirt, all future fashion designers must enter via post or email by Friday 26th of August.
The winner will be gifted a deluxe shopping experience, as well as a £150 gift card by store manager Karen Smibert.
She says; ”We’ve decided to ask the children of Edinburgh to help us usher in a new wave of fresh young talent that will help us bring a first for the brand.”
· Entrants can be aged up to age 12
· Full parent/guardian permission required
· Child and parent/guardian must be available and willing to participate in relevant PR and photography or forfeit prize
· There is no cash alternative to the prize offered
· Employees of Debenhams and any affiliated companies are excluded from entering this competition
· Personal shopper experience only offered if service offered at nearby store, no cash alternative
· Design featured on a t-shirt
· Personal shopping experience
· £150 gift card for Debenhams
Those interested in entering the competition should do so with their parents’ permission and submit designs, which can be designed on a piece of paper or a computer programme, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to Havas PR UK, 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AL.
Photographer Ian Georgeson, 07921 567360