Edinburgh Chamber Celebrates Business Excellence at Awards Dinner – and they all went along on the bus courtesy of Lothian Buses!
A host of Edinburgh businesses celebrated success at the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce Business Awards held last night at the Sheraton Hotel.
- Business mobile solution company, 4G Scotland was named Best Performing Business (1-10)
- Independent Financial advisors, Mearns and Company was named Best Performing Business (11-50)
- Rabbie’s Small Group Tours was named Best Performing Business (51+)
- Lothian Buses secured the Sustainable Development Award
- Sigma Seven, which specialises in the use of mobile technology to get the most from organisations data, maps and enterprise systems, was recognised in the International Trade category
- Scottish Media Academy won the Innovation in Business Award
- Edinburgh International Film Festival secured the Creative Marketing Award
- Rebecca Mackenzie Smith from HeeHaw Marketing was named Young Business Person of the Year
- Janice Dickson, managing director of Ian Dickson Travel Services was recognised with the Lifetime Achievement Award
David Birrell, Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce Chief Executive said: “We were extremely impressed by the calibre of entries. There was more competition than ever before. The winners truly shone as fantastic businesses doing great things. They are all businesses of real value, contributing to employment and the economic prosperity of the capital city and Scotland as a whole.”
The winners progress to the British Chamber Awards to be held later this year.
Ian Craig, Chief Executive of Lothian Buses, winner of the Sustainable Business Award said: “We are delighted to be named the Sustainable Business of the Year at the Edinburgh Chamber Business Awards. The past year has seen passenger numbers hit a record 25 year high and our commitment to sustainability continues as we go forward onto the next stage of our journey as public transport in Edinburgh evolves.”
Three of the City’s business leaders and ambitious rising stars addressed guests at the celebration dinner:
– Councillor Frank Ross, Convenor Economy Committee, City of Edinburgh Council
– Dr Jamie Coleman, managing director of technology incubator Tech Cube
– Fraser Doherty, founder of SuperJam