We have not said that all of this job is in Edinburgh, but some of it certainly is. The job is for a researcher at the Media Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival, and you have to have some video editing skills too.
Here is what the advert says:-
Researcher at MGEITF
Contract: Full time, freelance contract from Monday 4 June to Saturday 25 August
Salary: £400 per week payable on receipt of an invoice with 6 days holiday
Location: Central London and Edinburgh during the Festival week
Reports to: Editorial Producer
• Working with the Editorial Producer and Advisory Committee members to research session topics
• Request and secure tapes and clips for use in Festival session VTs
• Contact session producers to generate requests for research assistance
• Encourage producers to plan ahead as ordering tapes can take time
• Researching session topics to provide additional background information for sessions
• Create an excel spreadsheet to log all the tapes that come into you at the festival office
• Request tapes and information from broadcasters, distributors, etc
• A good working knowledge of different tape formats and uploading footage to websites.
• A good knowledge of editing, as you may have to assist producers edit the session VT’s.
• Communicate the Festival’s charitable remit and negotiate clips for free
• Create an organised system for logging requests, tapes, etc and ensure everything gets returned following the edit
• Assist the Editorial Producer with the signing of Release Forms onsite in Edinburgh.
• Key skills – organisation, negotiation, being able to prioritise and juggle multiple requests, meeting deadlines, comfortable dealing with outside organisations to request favours
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to lizswiftmgeitf.co.uk by 5pm on Friday 20 April 2012