There is a vacancy advertised on The Caterer website today for a position at the Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club.
The advert reads as follows:-
The Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club have an excellent opportunity for a Front Office Supervisor to join our team to maintain the smooth running of the Reception area and assist in the supervision and training of Reception associates on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong Communication skills
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Good level of English essential
- Maintain Marriott Company SOPs including Brand Standard Audit criteria, ensuring standards are achieved and maintained in the Front of House area.
- To maximise hotel revenue by upselling, following yield strategy, following overbooking guidelines and liasing with Reservations on a daily basis.
- To received guests on arrival to the required standard, and ensure their details are entered into the computer correctly and efficiently.
- To ensure a quick, efficient and friendly check-in of all guests and ensure they are treated in the correct manner to encourage a return visit.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the Hotel’s facilities and any promotions taking place so as to offer information to guests.
- To ensure that guests’ check-in details and bills are correct.
- To be responsible for the security of all monies, floats, keys, safety deposits etc. within the Reception Department.
- To observe and implement procedures for fire prevention, fire fighting and evacuation.
- To be able to deal with advance reservations, taking bookings and special requirements, where necessary.
- To be able to operate switchboard and deal with messages and enquiries, when required, in an efficient manner.
- To post all transactions on a regular basis, to ensure that all bills are kept up to date. Ensure they are correctly posted to the correct bills.
- To prepare cash for banking on a daily basis. Complete receipts for all monies received from pay-ins etc. Operate proper care regarding rates and currency handling.
- To operate a proper handover system between each shift.
- To ensure all rooms have enough credit card authorisations.
- To ensure all associates are trained to the Company standard, including 15 minute short-takes, statutory Fire, Health and Safety and other training deemed necessary.
- Ensure that stock levels of inventory necessary for Front Office operations are kept with set guidelines.
- Career Development and Training
- Discounted accommodation at Marriott Hotels worldwide
- Meals whilst on duty
- Marriott Discount Card
- Use of Hotel Leisure Club
- Free Life Assurance
- Other Local Benefits
We have a dedicated website www.mymarriottukbenefits.co.uk and a company handbook which details all our benefits.
With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you’re just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort – a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation – has two 18-hole golf courses (one championship course), a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. Our spacious guest rooms feature luxury bedding, mini-bar, and wireless Internet access. Every event becomes magical with our exquisite facilities, certified event planners, expansive catering services and picture-perfect manor and gardens. Enjoy chef specialties and incredible views from the Pentland, our award-winning restaurant.