A 64-year old woman was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary on Wednesday afternoon after a kitchen fire.
Crews were called to a house in Glenallan Loan, Edinburgh, just after 5.30pm. A pan of food had gone on fire and the female occupier needed to be treated with oxygen for smoke inhalation.
She was taken by ambulance to hospital for a check up.
A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said: “Cooking is the single biggest cause of house fires in Scotland. Take care when preparing food. If you have a fire in your home, get out of the house and call us out. Remember a working smoke alarm will also give you early warning of fire and if you live in our area you can book a free home safety visit and have a smoke alarm fitted by us by calling 0800 169 0320.”