The Scottish Conservatives have announced changes to the shadow cabinet, and the appointment of two vice chairs.
The update follows the resignation as leader of Ruth Davidson last week.
The new shadow cabinet is as follows:
- Interim Leader – Jackson Carlaw MSP
- Deputy Leader and Shadow Cabinet Secretary Justice – Liam Kerr MSP
- Community Safety and Veterans Affairs – Maurice Corry MSP
- Chief Whip, Shadow Cabinet Secretary Climate Change, Environment, Land Reform
- Maurice Golden MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Finance – Murdo Fraser MSP
- Taxation – Bill Bowman MSP
Financial Sustainability – Tom Mason MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Education and Skills – Liz Smith MSP
- Further Education, Higher Education and Science – Oliver Mundell MSP
Children and Young People – Alison Harris MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Europe and External Affairs – Donald Cameron MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Constitutional Relations – Adam Tomkins MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Economy, Jobs and Fair Work – Dean Lockhart MSP
- Business, Innovation and Energy, Deputy Chief Whip – Alexander Burnett MSP
Jobs, Employability and Skills – Jamie Halcro Johnston MSP
- Trade, Investment and Legal Affairs – Gordon Lindhurst MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Health and Sport – Miles Briggs MSP
- Mental Health, Public Health and Equalities – Annie Wells MSP
Sport and Wellbeing – Brian Whittle MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Culture and Tourism – Rachael Hamilton MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Communities & Social Security – Michelle Ballantyne MSP
- Welfare, Disability and Older People – Jeremy Balfour MSP
Housing and Planning – Graham Simpson MSP
Local Government, International Development and Migration – Alexander Stewart MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Rural Economy – Peter Chapman MSP
- Rural Affairs and the Islands – Edward Mountain MSP
- Natural Environment and the Digital Economy – Finlay Carson MSP
- Shadow Cabinet Secretary Transport, Infrastructure & Connectivity – Jamie Greene MSP
- Vice Chairmen of the Scottish Conservative Party – Kirstene Hair MP and Miles Briggs MSP
- Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body – Ruth Davidson MSP
Scottish Conservative interim leader Jackson Carlaw said: “Ruth’s departure of course necessitated some immediate changes.
“But it also presents an opportunity to bring forward Generation Ruth – people who were persuaded to get into politics because of her leadership.
“This move demonstrates the breadth of talent and experience within the Scottish Conservative team.
“Now the focus of not just the shadow cabinet but the whole Scottish Conservative group will be to continue to hold the SNP to account in Holyrood, and fight tooth and nail for Scotland’s place in the UK.”