Hibernian Ladies maintained their unbeaten start to their SWPL campaign with a commanding 6-0 victory over Forfar Farmington.

Prior to kick-off, Hibs were in second place, three points behind league leaders Glasgow City with a game in hand, as they faced off with newly promoted Forfar Farmington who currently occupy the fourth spot.

Manager Grant Scott made four changes to the starting XI that recorded a 7-0 victory over Thistle Weir last Sunday. Hannah Reid, Jamielee Napier, Amy Gallacher and Ellis Notley made way for Jenna Fife, Lizzie Arnot, Kirsty Smith and Emma Brownlie.

From the off Hibs were the dominant side and almost went ahead early on following good link-up play between Abi Harrison and Shannon McGregor. The ball fell to Lisa Robertson at the edge of the box but her driven shot was well saved by Fiona McNicoll in the Farmington goal.

Hibs continued to pile on the pressure with cross after cross coming in, but the Forfar backline stood strong denying the Hibs’ attackers any time in front of goal.

The deadlock was finally broken in the 20th minute following a quick break by Rachel McLauchlan who played the ball to Harrison. Her delayed cross found McLauchlan inside the box who slotted the ball into the bottom right corner.

Soon after Hibs were in again when the ball was worked out wide to Robertson and her deep cross was nodded home at the back post by Kirsten Reilly to double her side’s advantage.

Five minutes later Reilly looked to have grabbed another following a looping header, however McNicoll was there to keep her side in the contest, producing a fine stop.

Just before the break, Farmington created their first chance of the game as Caroline Heron drove forward before unleashing a powerful strike that sailed over the bar.

Hibs started off the second half strongly with Robertson creating space out left before swinging in a cross that was met by the head of McGregor, however her effort was comfortably saved.

Hibs produced another great chance minutes later when McGregor won the ball in midfield before playing it out wide to McLauchlin who set it up for Harrison, but her goalbound volley was well saved again by McNicoll.

In the 55th minute, Hibs grabbed another as they broke quickly up the park through Reilly who played it across goal to Arnot for a tap-in.

Forfar were struggling to keep possession as a result of Hibs’ high pressure and in the 71st minute, following some slack play, Harrison picked up the ball and drove past two Forfar defenders before slamming it home for her first and Hibs’ fourth of the game.

Two minutes later and Hibs made it 5-0 when Robertson played a perfectly weighted ball through to Smith who squared it to Napier for another tap in to extend her side’s lead.

For the rest of the contest, Hibs found themselves camped inside Forfar’s half and in the 78th minute, Harrison picked the ball up out wide before gliding past 4 defenders and rolling it into the bottom corner to grab her second of the game and Hibs’ sixth.

The referee’s whistle brought an end to a thoroughly dominant performance by a Hibs side who looked worthy title contenders.

Hibernian: Fife, Hunter, Robertson, Arnot, Michie, McGregor (Carnet 65’), Smith, McLauchlan 9 Napier 70’), Harrison, Brownlie, Reilly (Gallacher 79’). Unused substitutes: Williamson, Notley, Tweedie, Reid.

Forfar Farmington: McNicoll, Cattanach, McGinley, Smith (Debio 57’), Davidson, Bruce (Milligan 29’), Heron, McCarthy (Deubel 79’), Robb. McPherson, Brough. Unused substitutes: Collier, Kilcoyne, Trialist, McKay.