Cuckoo’s Bakery launches six monstrous cupcake treats to celebrate Halloween
Cuckoo’s Bakery, Edinburgh’s quirkiest cupcake shop, is feeling seasonal yet again, and is kicking off Halloween with a selection of irresistible yet frightening cupcakes available for purchase in the run-up to Halloween.
Until Thursday 1 November 2012, owners Graham Savage and Vidya Sarjoo will be offering a whole range of devilishly delightful Halloween cupcakes:
- Buried Deep: What lies beneath… Belgian chocolate chip sponge buried below baked vanilla cheesecake and an earthy grave scene. ‘Relish in Peace’…
- Trick or Treat: Spiced pumpkin sponge filled with gooey butterscotch and finished with a caramel cinnamon pumpkin patch. Happy Halloween!
- Witches’ Bru: Black magic inspired Irn ‘Bru’ cupcake adorned with a sleek witch’s hat… sure to cast a spell on you!
- The Ghost: Dark chocolate sponge filled with ghoulish white chocolate ganache. Let your teeth get too close and the ghost will vanish… Beware!
- The Creature: This monstrous apple cupcake with a purple custard heart is sure to send shivers through your taste-buds!
- The Red Devil: Don’t stare too long… Dive in and devour this devilishly delicious red velvet delight.
These delicious Halloween treats will also be used by The Edinburgh Dungeon to tempt visitors inside. The first 30 visitors on both Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st (Halloween itself) will be greeted with a free babycake version of the full-size cupcakes that Cuckoo’s is selling.
Graham Savage said:-
“It has been so much fun coming up with this year’s Halloween cupcake creations and we’re really looking forward to selling these quirky treats come Halloween”
The cupcakes are available in-store for £2.75 (take-away) or £2.95 (eat-in), or if you’re buying as a gift they offer a giftbox which includes 6 cupcakes and a card with a personal message, all in a box and tied with ribbon. Individual cupcakes and giftboxes are also are also available to order online for collection or delivery in Edinburgh.
See the website at http://www.cuckoosbakery.co.uk/