A goal from former Hearts’ striker Christian Nade secured a share of the points for Raith Rovers against a lacklustre Hibs side who were aiming to grab their third successive win at Easter Road this afternoon.

Head Coach Alan Stubbs’ men dominated the first half and created numerous chances but had to be content with a one goal lead, but Rovers responded well and were well worth a share of the points.

Stubbs made one change to the starting XI who performed so well at Ibrox in midweek with Callum Booth replacing the injured David Gray resulting in the versatile Lewis Stevenson moving to right wing back.

An early  Callum Booth cross from the left found Jason Cummings, but the youngster who scored twice at Ibrox in midweek was denied by a superb double save from goalkeeper Ross Laidlaw.

Dominique Malonga was hurt attempting a spectacular overhead kick before Scott Allan went close after some fine interplay with Cummings but his goal bound shot was deflected inches past the post.

A minute later Jordon Forster sent a dangerous cross to the back post which Liam Craig volleyed wide of the post.

With half time approaching, Raith almost opened the scoring when Barrie McKay’s shot struck crossbar.

In time added on Hibs deservedly took the lead when Stevenson’s cross was met by Allan but his effort was heading out of play before Booth managed to square the ball across the face of goal for Robertson to turn in.

After the break, good interplay between Allan and Cummings almost resulted in the teenager adding a second but his shot was well saved.

In the 52nd minute, the referee infuriated the home support with an incredible decision. Allan collected the ball inside his own half and ran at full speed before Kevin Moon blatantly clipped his heels. The Hibs midfielder stumbled but did not go to ground and with support arriving Hibs had three attackers against two defenders but instead of playing advantage John Beaton blew for a free kick.

To make matters worse he then gave Raith Rovers the benefit of the doubt in the next 50-50 decisions.

The Fifers then started to dominate possession and grabbed a deserved equaliser when the Hibs defenders failed to clear their lines allowing Christian Nade time to slide the ball past Mark Oxley into the  bottom corner of the net.

The striker was then booked for taking his shirt off in front of the Hibs fans who had spent the afternoon abusing him about his weight.

Rovers could have grabbed a winner in the 79th minute but a great last ditch tackle from Paul Hanlon prevented Ryan Conroy from scoring.

Dylan McGeough, Alex Harris and Paul Heffernan all came on from the bench but were unable to secure a much needed win and the team left the field to a chorus of boos from the disgruntled fans, particularly when the news came through that table topping Hearts had won again.

Hibs: Oxley, Hanlon, Fontaine, Forster, Robertson, Craig (McGeouch 71’), Stevenson, Allan (Harris 79’), Booth, Malonga (Heffernan 85’), Cummings. Substitutes not used: Perntreou, Stanton, Handling, Kennedy.

Raith Rovers: Laidlaw, Thomson, Watson, Fox, Moon, Scott, Conroy, McKay (Stewart 71’), McKeown, Ellis, Nade. Substitutes not used: McGurn, Anderson, Callachan, Vaughan, Matthews, Bates.

Referee: John Beaton.

Attendance: 9,954.